The difference between a successful business and a failing brand ultimately boils down to sales. It’s not hard to see why: the more conversions you get from current and potential clients, the more your company will flourish on the open market.
The question is, how can you do this for the long term, and what tools do you need to make it happen? We suggest the humble product demo.
Product demo videos are hidden moneymakers for some of the world’s most powerful brands. An evergreen conversion tool that can be used by companies of all sizes, demo videos easily catch your client’s attention, enhance the customer experience, and otherwise net higher profits and sales from your audience.
If you want to showcase your products in the best light possible and exponentially increase your sales, an online product demo is an absolute must. For example, did you know that:
- Videos in marketing campaigns increase conversion rates by 34%
- More than 50% of customers say video makes them more likely to buy
- A whopping four in five marketers say video directly increases sales
Thankfully, maximizing the power of your product demo is less complex than you might think. We’re going to walk through all the points you need to know about video demonstrations and their effect on a prospective client, including what they are, how they boost sales, and some examples you can follow for inspiration.
What Are Product Demo Videos?
Product demos are types of video content designed to create more sales. These are video tools designed to show off your product online and help customers understand your item, service, or tool. There are usually three elements:
- A short introduction – Explain pain points and state the purpose of your video.
- Address the audience – Showcase your product features with a personal touch.
- Call to action – Ask customers to sign up for email marketing, make a purchase on your website, or take the steps required to join your ranks.
Product demonstration videos can be constructed for many purposes, all with the ultimate goal of driving more conversions. For example, you could record an interactive product tour that demonstrates the function of your product or service. You could also create a recorded slide deck with 2D animations and other short screen flows. The choice is up to you!
To summarize: the product demo video is a perfect way to bring awareness to your newest industry offering. They are an essential tool in any marketing strategy, as they explore customer pain points, your product’s features, and easy solutions to tricky problems. Best of all, these videos can create lasting interest in your newest products — even leading to more conversions.
Effectiveness of Product Demonstration on Sales
Online industries can’t afford to miss the power of a product demo video. Not only can these video tools exponentially increase self-service purchases, but they can also equip your sales team and sales reps with congruous and equivalent information. It’s the ultimate sales presentation for customers, new and old, just without the stuffiness of traditional mediums.
A product demo video has the power to:
- Engage potential customers – Prospective customers can instantly see the value of your product or service visually.
- Explore your unique value proposition – Customers can intuit what sets you apart from competitors and see what your product solves in real-time.
- Boost profits – A solid call to action at the end of your product demo video can drive sales and increase conversions across multiple platforms.
- Grow your target audience – A potential client watching your product demo may be curious enough to journey even further down your sales funnel.
- Showcase your brand – You can easily build social proof with prospective clients and position your brand in a better light for your current customer base.
The question isn’t so much about IF a product demo video can increase sales or lead to more conversions. It’s about WHEN and HOW you take advantage of its benefits and start driving sales in earnest. Let’s take a closer look at how that can be done.
How to Increase Sales With Demo Videos
If you don’t already have product videos in your toolkit, you’ll need to begin by crafting a few for your company. Most companies just need a single video to showcase their singular product or service. However, if you are a particularly large company with multiple products or services, you may want to create multiple demos that shed light on individual offerings.
Here are some tips for increasing your conversion rate with demo videos:
- Keep it short. A max length of two minutes is a good rule of thumb.
- Make things realistic. Customers want authenticity, not another empty marketing video.
- Know thy audience. Speak directly to your people, expectations, and needs.
Examples of Compelling Product Demonstration Videos
Art is an iterative process of trial and error — and product demos are no exception. Ergo, building the perfect product demo starts by taking some inspiration from excellent examples that follow a replicable pattern. Try these three on for size:
- Yammer – Perhaps the most important aspect of a demo is brevity. Yammer’s UI tour captures all its recent updates in less than 1.5 minutes.
- Codesion – Codesion’s platform can be a lot to take in. Thankfully, this pointed demo uses screen flows to accurately show off the service’s capabilities.
- AspireIQ – Collaborating with influencers doesn’t have to be difficult. This demo uses stylized screen sharing to communicate new skills and capabilities to customers.
You’re welcome to browse more examples of product demonstration videos at any time.
Create Better Sales Demonstrations With Picturelab
Product demos can be a major source of income for your business. Whether you’re a startup, a growing business, or an established enterprise, getting started with live demos could be as easy as 1-2-3 — especially if you choose to work with the seasoned professionals at Picturelab. It works like this:
- Give us a call to chat about your needs.
- Get a quote and a custom project timeline.
- Sit back, relax, and let us get the job done!
You can call us directly at (650) 965-4898 or fill out our online contact form to get started.